Friday, April 12, 2013

John Dies At The End-2012 I'm not sure if it blew my mind or was nothing but total nonsense either way I loved it.




First off let me be clear there are things about this movie which simply will not be understood nor make sense.I actually found that aspect of the film somewhat refreshing and hilarious.This film is absurd. There wasn't a moment when I watched this movie that I felt was too predictable because right off the bat this film abandons all reason for homemade weapons and monsters that come off weird with some of B movie humor to them. Essentially this movie tells the story of a group in the twenty's who minds are warped by a drug of unknown origin called The Sauce. This isn't any ordinary drug though, It can give you untold supernatural side effects. Some of the side effects are amazing (reading minds) and some not so great(monsters). Are you still with me cause if that’s too weird for now you'll want to sit this one out. The acting in the film isn't too bad considering I've never really heard of either of the two leads. Paul Giamatti is awesome in this movie but I admit I am a fan. There’s also appearances by some really great character actors as well like
Clancy Brown, Doug Jones. Directed by Don Coscarelli who made such films as Bubba Ho Tep, Phantasm, and The Beast Master did a great job of mixing horror humor in this story based on a book by David Wong. I've read a few of his cracked articles and I can honestly say I’m always down to check out something he's written. I actually watched this again a day or two ago and noticed some things I missed before because I was too baffled by this insane and funny movie.So in short if your in the mood for some interesting performances and a plot that will either dumbfound you or blow your mind check out John dies at the end.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment